Japan Malaysia signed a memorandum on Halal cooperation
The agreement was signed by Entrepreneur Development Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Redzuan Yusof, who had been visiting Japan for three days from the 25th, and Japanese Economy, Trade and Industry Minister Hiroshige Seko.
Below are the 5 key points of the memorandum. Specifically, in human resource development, technical cooperation, support for trade and investment, seminars and workshops will be carried out.
- Assistance to Halal expertise in preparation for the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympic Games
- Trade and investment promotion of halal products and services between Japan and Malaysia
- Establishment of Halal certification
- Promotion of Japanese tourism by Muslims
- Halal Supply Chain, Establishment of Halal Ecosystem
According to Malaysia news Bernama, Mohd Redzuan said, “The global halal industry was growing at a remarkable rate from approximately US$2.3 trillion in 2012 and was expected to almost triple to US$6.4 trillion this year.
Also, the number of Muslims is around 24.4% of the world’s population, ensures the demand for halal products and services, “ he emphasized the importance of “Halal” in the world market.
According to the same memorandum, Halal Expo is scheduled from January 24 -26, 2019 in Kuala Lumpur, and Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad is expected to announce it soon.
Reference: Japan Malaysia signed a memorandum on Halal cooperation (METI) *Japanese only
Reference: Malaysia, Japan ink halal cooperation pact (Bernama)